Who benefits from the Filtering service?
All Internet users in the KSA, including individuals and government, and private entities.
What is the role of the CST in Filtering requests?
The CST receives reports from all users and processes them as follows:
- The CST prohibits access to pornographic websites, websites that provide means to bypass Filtering, and fake websites for Saudi banks and government agencies.
- With regard to reports that do not fall within the competence of the CST:
- The Emirate of the region to which the complainant belongs is the competent authority for receiving reports concerning tribes and families.
- As for reports related to (slander), (insults), (cursing), and misuse of the Internet stipulated in the Anti-Cyber Crime Law, a report can be submitted to the security authorities (police station) or through the Ministry of Interior “Kollona Amn” App. You can download the App from Apple Store, Google Store, or any other store.
- The Ministry of Commerce is the competent authority for receiving reports about electronic stores.
- The Ministry of Media is the competent authority for receiving reports about e-publishing.
- The Saudi Authority for Intellectual Property is the competent authority for receiving reports related to the imitation of a logo or registered trademark.
Are all submitted reports received and processed?
Yes, all incoming reports are received and processed.
How long does it take to process reports?
Processing reports take (three working days). However, processing some other sites may take additional time due to the need for further study.
Is there a specific time to receive reports?
Reports are received and processed 24/7.
More than one report has been sent and has not been processed?
The competent team carefully examines all reports, and those that are consistent with the Filtering policy are accepted.
How can I inquire about the report?
You can inquire about the report three working days after submitting it through the following email firstname.lastname@example.org
What documents are required to allow reachability to a site I own?
Please send us a message via email at email@example.com
What measures does the CST take toward the owners of or those who promote pornographic websites?
The CST’s role is to prevent reachability to pornographic websites. As for the prosecution of their owners, Article (6) of the Anti-Cyber Crime Law criminalizes such persons. In accordance with the Law, the security authorities (police stations) are the competent authority to control and receive reports related to these crimes and their likes, which are stipulated in the (Anti-Cyber Crime Law).
My website has been hacked, what is the competent authority that handles this issue?
The competent authority for receiving these reports is the security authorities (police stations). You can also submit a report through the Ministry of Interior’s “Kollona Amn” App. You can download the App from Apple Store, Google Store, or any other store.
I have been subjected to blackmail, defamation, threats or abuse, who is the competent authority that handles this issue?
The competent authority for receiving these reports is the security authorities (police stations). You can also submit a report through the Ministry of Interior’s “Kollona Amn” App. You can download the App from Apple Store, Google Store or any other store.
How can I file a complaint or report requesting the removal of offensive material from social media sites?
Social media websites develop policies and rules that regulate and determine what is allowed to be placed and published on them, in addition to determining the controls of use and determining the type of infringing use, which may include (personal abuse, violation of privacy, impersonation) and other violations. Social media networks provide tools and forms for users to report such violations.
How do I request the removal of content that appears in the Google search engine?
If your request relates to the removal of material from Google’s search engine, you should contact Google.
How do I report a mobile app?
If your request relates to removing a mobile app, please contact the content provider in the app and the respective app store.